Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh where is my sole mate???

Being a self taught knitter has had its ups and downs, (knitting tutorials on U Tube is my guru) but if I think back on the reason I actually started to knit, I'm fairly sure the inspiration came from socks. Knitted socks have a feeling about them that no other wintery piece of clothing does. So cosy and soft on your feet, much like a warm spa for your toes.

So when I decided to start knitting, I began with some easier projects thinking id get into the swing of socks soon enough. I started with a square, that became an afghan, then I moved onto scarf's, hats, jumpers …. and the rest is history. But those darn socks have always alluded me. I've brought books on knitting socks (yes an entire 135 page book just about socks) I've joined knit a longs and brought the yarn and the required needles (“its not me… its the wrong yarn…”) but still no socks.

So when I brought some noro yarn I decided enough was enough.. I cast on 57 stitches with this beautifully soft and gorgeously dyed yarn and didn't look back.

010 (2)

I KNITTED ONE SOCK

Now before you say anything, yes, technically its probably not really a sock, more like a slipper, and technically it probably should have been longer in the foot and tighter around the ankle. But that's all fine by me, I feel like I conquered  some great fear and now I've opened the flood gates or rather the doors of the secret society of sock knitters. So I apologize to all those people that I love in advance cause now instead of beautiful hand knitted shawls and scarves….. YOUR ALL GETTING SOCKS!

1 comment:

Jahnava said...

ohhh do you love me do you love me...... id love some knitted soccies :-)
xxx