Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tender Times

The last few weeks have been quite tender to say the least. A health problem has arisen and every day has been tests, ultrasound, mammography, biopsy and of cause …… waiting. Not yet in the clear but feeling more and more positive every day that no matter what the outcome, the sun will rise tomorrow, and a new day of possibility and hope will follow.

This tender time has made me stop and take stock. Take stock of where life is going and where true happiness lies. Most prominently in my thoughts though, if I knew I had to say goodbye, what words would I want my three girls to hear. It feels like there should be a much bigger and more profound way to say “I love you” How to tell them that just the thought of them catches and takes my breathe away, that I love them so much that every morning and every night I have pure happiness just knowing them. I feel like I need to hold every moment in my mind, every smile, every tear, every cheeky joke and beg for time to slow down. Yet I long for tomorrow.. tomorrow brings more smiles and tears.

Then last night as I cuddled all three in my bed and they laughed and squirmed and fought to be the one that lays next to mumma, the two free range chickens looked at me and said in unison “love you mum’” I knew, and I felt….

“I love you” is enough

No comments: