Thursday, January 22, 2009

Comfortable Families

Yesterday, we were given two precious hours with my beautiful niece. She lives in another country with her mum so these moments are rare and very, very special to me.  She is a ball of electric energy and reminds me so very much of my brother with her over-the-top personality and imaginative and very honest mind.

The five of us, my dad and my nana met her at the top of the Gold Coast. We spent till 7 that night playing  in the water, laughing at her jokes, watching her mermaid impressions and chasing her across the bay.

I was amazed that even though the children haven't seen her for over two years, they played together like close friends. They all felt comfortable in each others company, comfortable in their own skin and comfortable to be there, together.

087

095

066

045

No comments: